There have been many movies and online slot games which are based on the Roman Empire. Most of these have a central story which deals with life of gladiators and how they give up their lives to honor their rulers. Today it seems barbaric but at that time it was an honor which was bestowed upon a selected few.
The Gladiator movie released in 2000 and starred by Russell Crowe was one of such attempts to glorify the life and death of the gladiators. Taking cue from the vast popularity of this movie Betsoft developed Gladiator slot which also deals with the subject from the mighty Roman Empire.
Don’t get confused with the Gladiator slot game from Playtech! This is a different title from a different provider.
About this game
Gladiator is five reels and thirty pay-lines online slot. All of the characters depicted in this slot can be found in the top-rated Gladiator movie. The symbols are in the form of caricatures created using three-dimensional design. In order to give this slot an antique look, Betsoft has added some unique designs to the control panel of the game by designing the buttons in the shape of broken pillars from a Roman building.
The reels of the Gladiator slot are in a 5×3 format. The symbols of this game are ensconced in their individual frames and the reels of this game are separated from each other with gold and diamond encrusted borders.
The reels are flanked on both sides by granite pillars with pay-lines used as golden rings attached to them. The background sound comprises of a martial tune with intermittent sounds of clashing shields, hammer hitting iron, trumpets bellowing and crashing of a gong.
Gladiator slot Features
Gladiator slot comes with a fixed jackpot of 2.000x along with the other usual features which include auto play, max bet, wild symbols, scatter symbols, multipliers, bonus rounds and free spins. This slot does not provide any sort of gambling option. The minimum coin limit for Gladiator is set up at five coins with five bet levels.
The maximum coin limit of this game stands at 150 coins. The coin range starts at £0.01 and goes up to £1.00. The minimum wagering requirement for each spin starts from £0.01 and ends at £150.00. The high-ranking symbols comprise of the Gladiator, the villain gladiator, a tiger, a shield with sword and a shield with a mace. The low-ranking symbols comprise of a black horse, a bag full of gold, a golden chalice and a white flag. The Gladiator symbol provides some of the biggest pay-outs while playing with the highest wager in the following ways.
- Landing five of these symbols on an active pay-line awards 2000x.
- Landing four of these symbols on an active pay-line awards 800x.
- Landing three of these symbols on an active pay-line awards 400x.
The golden chalice symbol provides the least payouts of this game with maximum of 125x and minimum of 25x.
Scatter and Wild Symbols
- Scatter Symbol: The colosseum is the scatter symbol of this game. This symbol helps in activating the Gladiator Battle feature. Landing three or more of these symbols on active pay-line pays out in the following ways.
- Landing five of these symbols on an active pay-line awards 3750x.
- Landing four of these symbols on an active pay-line awards 1500x.
- Landing three of these symbols on an active pay-line awards 300x.
- Wild Symbol: The Princess symbol is the enhanced wild symbol of this slot. These symbols can appear anywhere on the reels during the base game. Apart from substituting other symbols, landing this symbol on the top of second, third and fourth reels triggers the Wild x2 feature.
Bonus Rounds of Gladiator slot
- Wild X2
- Gladiator Smash Wild
- Click Me Feature
- Battle of the Gladiators
- Wild X2: Landing the Princess wild symbol on the top of the second, third and fourth reels triggers this bonus feature. During this feature, the Princess toss down petal on the symbols below her and convert these into 2x Wild symbols.
- Gladiator Smash Wild: Landing the Gladiator symbol anywhere on the third reels activates this bonus round. During this round, a marble slab appears on the third reel and then the Gladiator come out to smash this slab thus turning the entire reel into wild. It should be noted that this wild feature substitutes all the symbols except for Door and Colosseum symbols.
- Click Me Feature: Landing three or more of the Door symbols on active pay-line triggers this bonus round. During this feature, the player is prompted to choose one of the click me symbol to get a cash reward. You can keep on clicking and cashing the prizes until the “Collect” message appears on the reel.
- Battle of Gladiators: This feature gets activated by landing the Gladiator, the Colosseum and the villain all together on adjacent reels. On activation of this round, the player is allowed to chose between the Gladiator and the villain. After the selection, both of them will fight it out for a short period of time resulting in death of one of the characters. Irrespective of the win of any of these two gladiators, the player wins an assured prize. The size of the prize can get bigger if the chosen gladiator wins the round.
Where you can play this slot
|EXCLUSIVE 100% up to £300 + £5 Bonus|
T&Cs Apply - Full T&Cs Here
|Welcome Bonus 100% up to £300|
|Up to £500 Welcome Offer + 150 Bonus Spins|
|Stake £10 on Slot Games get 50 Free Spins|