The Kaiju is a TV & Movie genre based slot game developed by Elk Studios. The storyline of the Kaiju slot game revolves around a Japanese Jaeger named 3HA-42 designed in the form of a teenage girl. This hunter machine is the last line of defense for the traces of humanity that had survived the attacks of Kaijus on earth. For the uninitiated ones, the name of this game refers to the huge alien monsters of the Japanese films that destroy the cities and are hell bent on annihilating the human race. This storyline has been used for many television serials as well as Hollywood movies, Pacific Rim being the most popular one.
As expected from a product of Elk Studios, the graphics of this game are quite good. The symbols of this slot appear in blocks on the transparent five reels without any type of a frame or casing. The background of the reels is in the form of a street scene showcasing a Japanese metropolis. Huge buildings with neon billboards flanks both side of the street with Elk Studio advertisement board being the prominent one. Except for this advertisement all other billboards are in Japanese language.
The symbols of this game are in the form of Japanese anime characters which are quite beautifully designed. Elk Studios has incorporated some unique bonus features such as vertical lasers and free spins into this slot which makes it even more interesting. This five reels and 7776 ways-to-win slot can be assessed by using any of the devices ranging from desktop to mobile.
Features of Kaiju slot game
Kaiju slot game comes with a fixed jackpot of 300x along with the other usual features which include auto play, bonus rounds, free spins, multipliers, scatters, and wild symbols. This slot does not provide any kind of gambling options. Kaiju slot game also provides ELK’s automated betting strategy for the players. This strategy provides three different betting options such as Optimizer, Leveller and Booster to choose from.
There are twelve betting levels provided in this game. The betting range starts at £0.20 and goes all the way up to £100.0. The high paying symbols of this game include three crystals of different colors namely red, blue and green. The other low ranking symbols are in the form of red, blue and green colored security cards. The red colored crystal symbol provides the biggest payout in this game in the following ways
- Landing five of these symbols on an active pay line awards 300x.
- Landing four of these symbols on an active pay line awards 200x.
- Landing three of these symbols on an active pay line awards 150x.
The green colored security card symbol provides the least payout for this game with minimum of 30x and highest payout of 90x.
- Scatter Symbol: The Jaeger named 3HA-42 is the scatter symbols of this game. These symbols help in activating the bonus rounds. Landing three of these symbols anywhere on the specific reels activates the Kaiju Battle Bonus Game.
- Wild Symbol: There are no exact wild symbols provided in this game. The wild symbols are only created when matching symbols lands on the vertical lines from top to bottom. Once such a combination happens, the wild symbol appears above on the top matching symbol thus increasing the amount of winnings.
Bonus Rounds of Kaiju slot game
Kaiju slot game comes with two bonus rounds which include
- Vertical Laser
- Kaiju Battle Bonus Game
- Vertical laser: The wild symbols are only created when matching symbols lands on the vertical lines from top to bottom. Once such a combination happens, the wild symbol appears above on the top matching symbol. The reels are then evaluated taking into the consideration of any extra wins created due to this wild symbol. Once the evaluation is complete, the wild symbol disappears.
- Kaiju Battle Bonus Game: This bonus round gets activated by landing three or more of the scatter symbols anywhere on second, third and fourth reels. Kaiju Battle Bonus game starts with seven free spins. A random Kaiju with a unique pattern of hot spots is selected as the opponent for the bonus game. The Kaiju Battle Bonus Game also provides the following three extra features.
- Reel Expansion
- Hotspot Activation
- Sticky Wilds
- Reel Expansion: The vertically connected same symbols from top to bottom lead to creation of a wild symbol and expand the reel in upward direction. This expanded reels remains in place till the end of the last free spin.
- Hotspot Activation: If a hot spot gets activated by a vertical laser, all the symbols in that vertical connection from top to bottom turn into wild before the evaluation of the combination.
- Sticky Wilds: When the last hotspot gets activated by the vertical laser, all the symbols in that vertical line from top to bottom turn into sticky wild symbols. These symbols remain in their positions for all of the remaining free spins.