The Universal monsters the phantom’s curse slot game is one of the latest slots developed by NetEnt for its Universal MonstersTM slot series. The subject of this slot is based on the 2004 musical drama called Phantom of the Opera. This drama film was based on the original work of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s musical which was in turn based on the famous French novel called Le Fantôme de l’Opéra by Gaston Leroux.
As expected from a slot developed by NetEnt, the graphics of this slot game are state of the art along with many bonus features. Universal Monsters The Phantom’s Curse slot game is a five reels and forty fixed pay-lines slot game. The best thing about these pay-lines is that they pay both ways which makes this slot more generous as compared to the others based on the same story line. The reels of this game are set into a background of theatre from an opera house.
The design of this game can be classified as digital blocks with an audio that complements to the subject of the game. Instead of usual 5×3 reel format, NetEnt has used 5×4 reel format for this slot game. The base audio of the game is made up of a suspense symphony music played by an orchestra. The noteworthy thing about Universal Monsters: The Phantom’s Curse is that the developer of this game has not tweaked with the original novel and the musical drama associated with it thus providing this game an original touch.
Features of Universal monsters the phantom’s curse slot game
Universal Monsters: The Phantom’s Curse comes with a fixed jackpot of 200x along with the other usual features which include auto play, bonus rounds, re-spins, free spins, multipliers, scatters, and wild symbols. This slot does not provide any type of gambling option to its players.
The betting range starts at £0.20 and goes all the way up to £200.0. The high paying symbols of this game include The Phantom, Christine, a Ruby Ring, a yellow rose, a mirror and a dagger. The other low ranking symbols are in the form of four suits from a deck of cards. The Phantom symbol provides the biggest payout in this game in the following ways
- Landing five of these symbols on an active pay line awards 200x.
- Landing four of these symbols on an active pay line awards 50x.
- Landing three of these symbols on an active pay line awards 15x.
- Scatter Symbol: A golden chandelier is the scatter symbol of this game. This symbol helps in activating the Free Spins bonus round.
- Wild Symbol: The mask is the basic wild symbol of this game. It can be substituted for all symbols with an exception to scatter symbols. This symbol can randomly appear on the reels and helps in creating winning combinations. There are other symbols which can also act as wild symbols during certain bonus rounds.
Bonus Rounds of Universal monsters the phantom’s curse slot game
Universal Monsters The Phantom’s Curseslot game comes with three bonus rounds which include
- Free Spins
- Masked Phantom Respin
- Point & Click Bonus
- Free Spins: This bonus round is activated by landing three or more of the scatter symbols anywhere on first, third and fifth reels. Upon its activation, an unlimited numbers of frees spins get awarded. This bonus round is played on set of reels which are connected to five arms of the chandelier. If the masked phantom appears during the free spins, it becomes a wild symbol and can become stacked on a reel. Whenever a phantom wild appears, one of the ropes gets cut. The free spins continue till all the ropes get slashed and the curtain fall down.
- Masked Phantom Respin: This bonus round gets activated when a stacked Mask symbol and the stacked Phantom symbols appear on first and fifth reels respectively. During the re-spin, each stacked symbol turns into a sticky wild symbol thus increasing the chances of hitting a win.
- Point & Click Bonus: This bonus round gets activated by landing unmasked Phantom in stacked position on the first reel and stacked Christine symbol on the fifth reel. Point & Click bonus is basically a two stage game. In the first part of the game, the player is provided with a choice of picking coin prizes from a set of eight roses. A player can pick multiple coins prizes till the blocker gets hit.
Now the player moves to the second part of the game, where three mirrors are provided to chose from. The player is allowed to pick one of these mirrors thus getting awarded with a multiplier ranging up to 3x.