It is quite refreshing to see that Net Entertainment has used a classic fairy tale and converted into a slot based on the storyline of a middle school drama night. The subject of this slot is “Peter Pan” a novelette written by J. M. Barrie that revolves around romantic affiliations between a teenage girl named Wendy and Peter Pan “the boy that never grows”. This novel had been successfully cinematized by many of the Hollywood production houses and have been used as part of dramatized performances ranging from middle school to high end stage musicals.
As mentioned earlier, this slot is designed in form of a stage drama being enacted by a group of students from a middle school. Due to this fact all the major symbols comprise of children from different shapes and sizes. The symbols used are designed in the form of cartoonish characters depicting children from different races.
The reels of this game are designed in 5×3 format. The high-ranking symbols of this game comprises of different human characters in the form of middle school kids. The symbols on the reels are separated from each other by their individual frames. These symbols are presented on the reels as if they are photographs of different students on a school noticeboard. The reels are also without any type of encasing separating them from each other.
The background of the reels comprises of a scene being created by using cardboard cut outs. This scene depicts a ship sailing on the high waves accompanied by a sun shining behind the clouds and a far-off island beckoning the sailors to itself. The music comprises of a jolly tune which seems to emanating straightaway from a beach café in Hawaii. Over all, the graphics of this game are state of the art and the idea for the design of this slot is quite entertaining.
Features of Hook’s Heroes slot game
Hook’s Heroes slot game comes with a fixed jackpot of 900x along with the other usual features which include auto play, wild symbols, scatters, free spins and bonus features. This slot does not provide any type of gambling option. Hook’s Heroes slot game comes with ten bet levels with a choice of twenty to two hundred coins per spin. The coin range starts at £0.01 and goes up to £1.00. The minimum wagering requirement for each spin starts from £0.20 and ends at £200.00. The high paying symbols of this game include an Afro-American kid dressed as a skeleton; a Chinese girl; a girl with specs and braces; a boy with protruding front teeth and a fat boy with an eyepatch. The other low-ranking symbols are from the deck of cards and include A, K, Q, J and 10. The Afro-American kid symbol provides some of the biggest payouts of this game in the following ways.
- Landing five of these symbols on an active pay-line awards 900x.
- Landing four of these symbols on an active pay-line awards 300x.
- Landing three of these symbols on an active pay-line awards 50x.
The J and 10 symbols from deck of cards are the least paying symbol of this game with the highest payout of 100x and the lowest of 5x.
- Scatter Symbol: A boy dressed as an alligator is the scatter symbol of this slot. Landing three or more of these symbols activates the free spins bonus rounds.
- Wild Symbol: A boy dressed as Captain Hook is the wild symbol of this game. This symbol can appear anywhere on the reels during the base game as well as free-spins. This wild symbol substitutes for all the other symbols used in this game except for the scatter symbols.
Hook’s Heroes slot game by NetEnt comes with different types of free spin bonus features which comprise of the following.
- Free Spins
- Featured Free Spins
- Free Spins: Landing three or more of the scatter symbols anywhere on the reels during the base game activates this bonus round. This bonus round is further divided into subparts with different features depending upon the number of scatter symbols landed on the reels.
By landing three or more symbols anywhere on the reels, a player gets free spins. The player is provided with a choice to select from three different features that include the following.
- The Fairy Feature
- The Mermaid Feature
- The Pirate Feature
By landing four or five of the scatter symbols anywhere on the reels during the base game, a player gets awarded with two or three Free Spins picks. A player can further make the same choice two or three times consecutively by landing four or more scatters on the reels.
- Featured Free Spins: Landing two scatter symbols anywhere on the reels activate this bonus feature. The feature awards one free spin with randomly chosen special feature from the Free Spins bonus round.